Apply for help with school travel

Applying for help

Children living in Camden who have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan or statement of special educational needs, who meet the eligibility criteria set out in our Home to school travel policy, may be able to get help from the Council with their travel to and from school or college. 

The parent or carer of any child with an EHC plan or statement, or who is currently undergoing a statutory assessment, is welcome to make an application for help with transport. 

Generally, transport provision is considered for children who are of statutory school age and on the basis of the nearest appropriate school with a vacancy. However, we will consider all cases individually. You can apply for assistance by contacting the Special Educational Needs Team.

If your child does not have an EHC plan or statement of special educational needs, support with home-school transport may still be available from Camden’s school admissions team.

Home to school travel policy

Download: Home to school or college travel policy 2018-19 (PDF)