Click the vacancies below to view more information and apply.
- Lab Technicians - Kings Cross - £295 per week
- Admin Receptionist - West Hampstead - £236 per week
- Gardener - Bloomsbury - £6.15 per hour
- Business Adminstrator - Camden Town - £7.70 per hour
The Francis Crick Institute is recruiting four Camden residents or Camden school or care leavers to become an Apprentice Laboratory Technician.
- Salary: £295 per week
- Hours: 36 hours - Monday to Friday
- Contract length: 2 years
- Apprenticeship: Advanced Level 3 Laboratory Technician
- Based: Kings Cross
- Closing date for applications: Midnight – Wednesday 15 May
- Employer interviews: dates to be confirmed
- Possible start date: September 2019
- Download Apprentice Lab Technician job description (PDF)
- Employer website: www.crick.ac.uk
About the roles
The Crick was formed in 2015, and in 2016 it moved into a brand new state-of-the-art building in central London which brings together 1500 scientists and support staff working collaboratively across disciplines, making it the biggest biomedical research facility under a single roof in Europe.
Laboratory Infrastructure and Operations provide essential support to a majority of research laboratories at the Francis Crick Institute, including preparation and provision of specialist glassware, large scale bacterial and yeast culture and fermentation, media production, sample management, waste and equipment management.
Laboratory technician apprentices will work in rotation through a small number of key technology facilities within the Science Operations function. Apprentices may carry out both routine and more complex technical tasks and perform a variety of support roles over a two-year period.
All applicants must have achieved or have predicted GCSE grades A*-C in Maths, English and a science subject.
- Salary: £236 per week (£6.15 per hour)
- Contract length: 15-18 months (dependent on the level of qualification)
- Hours: 38.25 hours per week
- Qualification: NVQ in Business Administration (Level 2 or 3)
- Based: West Hampstead
- Application deadline: Monday 20 May 2019
- Employer interview: TBC
- Start date: TBC (subject to references)
- Download job description Apprentice Receptionist Administrator (PDF)
- Employer website www.westhampsteadmedicalcentre.com
About West Hampstead Medical Centre
West Hampstead Medical Centre is a modern and busy doctor’s surgery offering a wide range of services to the local community such as GP appointments, nurse clinics, specialised clinics and antenatal and postnatal care.
Your tasks will include:
- Inputting patient data onto databases
- Carrying out photocopying and printing as required
- Greeting and helping patients on the front desk
- Making appointments for patients
- Dealing with medical queries
What kind of person do you need to be for this role?
- Do you present yourself professionally?
- Are you friendly, helpful and confident?
- Are you reliable and punctual with good attention to detail?
- Do you have a positive attitude towards teamwork?
- Do you have a keen interest in ICT?
- Salary: £6.15 per hour
- Duration:15-18 months
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm and Fridays 8.00 am till 3.30pm
- Qualification Horticulture Level 2
- Closing Date: Thursday 16 May 2019
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
- Based: 29a Montague Street London WC1B 5BL
About Bedford Estates
Bedford Estates, based in Bloomsbury, is famous for its formal garden squares, which are overlooked by the many period properties that line its leafy streets. There are a total of 10 squares in the Bloomsbury area. From the large, public Russell Square, a short stroll from Holborn and Russell Square Underground stations, to private spaces such as Ridgmount Gardens and Bedford Square, in Bloomsbury you are never far from a glorious Georgian garden.
About the role
Bedford Estates is offering an opportunity for a new starter in the horticulture industry to join their London team based in Bloomsbury as an Apprentice Gardener. The role will be a fixed term of 18 months and will comprise of four days working on the London Estate and one day of study at a local accredited horticultural college, Capel Manor. At college, candidates will take part in the Horticulture Operative programme that includes various certificates including Emergency First Aid and PA1 Safe Use of Pesticides, plant identification and practical assessment.
The Apprentice Gardener will have the opportunity to take part in work exchanges to other parts of the business to experience varied aspects of horticulture. These could include working at the Humphrey Repton landscape of Woburn Abbey, Woburn Safari Park or the Woburn Golf Club amenity areas. While on these exchanges, the Apprentice Gardener will be able to stay in self-contained private accommodation.
Many aspects of horticulture will be covered in daily working life on the London Estate with a particular emphasis on caring for historic garden squares and the enhancement of the local area through considered garden improvement and sympathetic maintenance of areas such as herbaceous borders, lawns and mature trees.
The Apprentice Gardener will be under the direction and instruction of the Head Gardener and will be periodically assessed by an outside invigilator appointed by Capel Manor College to ensure that on the job learning is supported by theoretical study.
What kind of person do you need to be?
- Have attention to detail
- Have strong communication skills
- Able to work to own initiative
- Willing to take responsibility
Camden Apprenticeships values the diversity of our community and encourages employers to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.