Who can claim housing benefit
If you’re on a low income and pay rent for the property you live in, you may be able to get housing benefit to help with rent. You can apply for housing benefit, or continue to claim housing benefit, if one of the following applies to you:
- have more than 2 children
- live in supported accommodation
- live in temporary accommodation provided by a Council
- are of Pension Credit age
- are a severely disabled person
- live in the Kentish Town Job Plus Centre area*
*Universal Credit will be available in the Kentish Town area from December 2018. Until then, you should claim housing benefit.
If nothing in the above list applies to you, please apply for Universal Credit instead.
If something in the list does apply, please continue to the next section where you can apply for housing benefits.