Support from your council

Camden council provides 2 main types of regular benefit to residents:

Housing benefit

If you’re a Camden resident and are responsible for paying rent, claiming benefits, or you’re on a low income, you may be entitled to housing benefit. 

Council tax reduction

If you’re a Camden resident and are claiming Universal Credit, and if you’re employed on a low income or not receiving any income, you may be entitled to a council tax reduction.

Support in schools

Your child may be able to get free school meals and travel. Find out if they are eligible for:

Free school meals

Free travel to school


Foodbanks provide food and support to people in emergency crisis. This could include a delay in receiving your benefits, or receiving an unexpected bill on a low income.

Camden foodbank:

Tuesday 11.30am – 3.30pm
Friday 11.30am – 3.30pm

Euston foodbank:

Tuesday 12pm - 4pm
Thursday 5.30pm - 7pm
Saturday 11am - 12.30pm
Sunday 2pm - 3.30pm

Chalk Farm foodbank:

Thursday 10.30am-12pm

Maiden Lane community centre foodbank:

Wednesday 2pm – 4pm
Saturday 1.30pm – 3.30pm

Charitable grants

Search for charitable grants which are available to help people in financial need: