A humanitarian crisis is unfolding in Europe of the like not seen since the Second World War. Camden Council is working with Citizens UK, the Refugee Council, local organisations and other local authorities to offer help to families who are finding themselves in this desperate situation.
Camden Council is participating in the Home Office’s Vulnerable Person’s Relocation Scheme (VPRS) for the resettlement of Syrian Households in response to the refugee crisis in Europe. Camden has now welcomed 20 households ( 75 beneficiaries) under this scheme. Camden Council is also participating in the Home Office’s Vulnerable Children’s Relocation Scheme (VCRS). 2 Households (7 beneficiaries) have arrived in Camden under this scheme.
Camden has a long history of helping refugees and we know there are many people in the borough who want to do something to help.
Advice for Refugees
- www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/ - Immigration and asylum advice from Citizen Advice Bureau website
- www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk - Border and Immigration Agency website
- www.refugeecouncil.org.uk - The Refugee Council website
The Cindex local community information directory gives you access to thousands of services, organisations and groups in Camden with a single search.
Local organisations who provide information and support specifically for refugees and asylum seekers are listed here.
Advice for residents who want to help
- Support non-governmental organisations and charities through dontations and volunteering
- Let your home through Camden Lettings